- 1 whole chicken (about 3 – 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (we used Fresh Basil & Lemongrass Herb Sea Salt from Woody’s Gourmet)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 pinches Simply Clean Foods Freeze Dried Organic Marjoram
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound potatoes (small German butterball)
- sea salt (to taste)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat it dry. Drizzle the olive oil on top and rub it over the chicken.
3. Rub the chicken (inside and out) with the lemongrass sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Stuff the cavity with the SCF Marjoram.
4. Rinse the potatoes and place them into a baking dish. Toss them with the rosemary sea salt (to taste), a sprinkling of freshly-ground pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, place the chicken, breast side down, into the skillet. Cook for a few minutes, letting the skin brown lightly. Flip to the other side, and cook for a few minutes before flipping it again and placing it in the oven to roast.
6. Place the potatoes alongside the chicken. Check the potatoes after about 30 minutes and take them out of the oven when they’re fork-tender. Check the chicken to make sure it is not browning too quickly. Roast the chicken for about 45 minutes to an hour (until the juices run clear). Remove the chicken from the cast iron skillet and set it on a large cutting board. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before carving it (this helps keep it moist and juicy).